Chocolate chip cookies are perhaps the most favorite American cookie. So it’s only right that we celebrate these sweet morsels of goodness on National Chocolate Chip Cookie Day. On Saturday, August 4, 2018 we’ll be celebrating in a big way.
Want A Chocolate Chip Cookie?
We’ve decided to give you yet another reason to keep these cookies at the top of your favorite list. In honor of National Chocolate Chip Cookie Day, we’ll be giving away one of our delicious homemade chocolate chip cookies to every customer!
However, once we’ve given them all out, we won’t make any more.
So get in early and enjoy the freebie.
Take Some Home
What better way to enjoy National Chocolate Chip Cookie Day than with a couple dozen cookies from Cinottis?
We’ll have dozens of chocolate chip cookies ready to go so you can spread the love with your family and friends.
Or, just keep them all for yourself. We won’t judge.
Frozen Cookie Dough
Sometimes, the scent of cookies baking brightens even the darkest days. That’s why on National Chocolate Chip Cookie Day, we’ll be offering our frozen chocolate chip cookie balls for you to bake at home.
Simply call ahead and you’ll be able to purchase a baker’s dozen of these cookies. They’ll be pre-weighed in little balls and we’ll supply the simple baking instructions.
Just think, you can get all the credit for baking yummy cookies, and all you have to do is turn on the oven!
To bake frozen cookie balls, follow these easy instructions:
Line cookie sheets with parchment paper. You may use a light coating of non-stick spray as a substitute.
Place cookies approximately 2″ apart to allow for spreading.
Once cookie dough is thawed, place cookies in preheated 375ºF oven.
Bake for 9-12 minutes or until edges of cookies are golden brown.
Remove from oven and allow to cool.
Baking Cookies from Scratch
National Chocolate Chip Day is all about cookies and we love the idea of baking with family at home.
We know there are tons of chocolate chip cookie formulas on the internet, but we love our cookies and we know you do too. We bake in LARGE quantities but we’ve broken our formula down to a small batch. Well, small enough to feed an entire neighborhood.
So if you want to make a big batch of Cinotti’s chocolate chip cookies at home with your family, follow these instructions:
Cinotti's Bakery Chocolate Chip Cookies
What you’ll need:
- 5 CUPS Cookie Flour
- All-purpose flour is a fine substitute
- 3 CUPS Granulated Sugar
- 2 CUPS Brown Sugar
- 4 CUPS Chocolate Chips
- 3 CUPS Vegetable Shortening
- 8 Extra Large Eggs
- 1 CUP Water
- 1 ½ tsp Baking Soda
- 1 ½ tsp Salt
- 1 ½ tsp Vanilla
Prepping and Baking Instructions
Preheat oven to 375ºF.
Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl combine the flour, baking soda, and salt.
- In a second bowl, beat the shortening, granulated sugar, and brown sugar until creamy. It should take about 2- 3 minutes.
- Add the vanilla and eggs. Gradually beat in the flour mixture. You may have to hand mix the batter as you add the remaining flour.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Let dough sit at room temperature just until it is soft enough to scoop
- Scoop your desired cookie size onto prepared baking sheets. Consistency is key for even baking
- Keep in mind: bigger, thicker cookies will be softer while smaller cookies will be crispier.
Bake for 9-12 minutes, or until edges of cookies are golden brown.
Don’t be tempted to eat them right out of the oven. You wouldn’t want to burn your mouth on those gooey chocolate chips.
Allow cookies to cool completely before storing*
Keeping Cookies Fresh
While our cookies are made to eat–not to keep, we understand the need to store cookies for later use. But, when cookies, like ours, have no additives or preservatives, keeping them fresh for more than a day can be challenging.
Here are some tips to keep your cookies fresh and tasty:
- Most fresh baked cookies can last up to 3 days. In that time, keep them in an airtight container free of moisture and heat
- Place an apple wedge, slice of bread, or flour tortilla in the container along with your cookies. The moisture from any of these items will absorb into the cookies so they’ll be soft when you eat them right out of the container
- For warm, soft cookies, pop them into a 350° oven for three to five minutes. Enjoy a nice glass of milk while the chocolate melts in your mouth
How to Eat a Chocolate Chip Cookie
National Chocolate Chip Cookie Day has sparked a debate on how to eat a chocolate chip cookie the right way. And, while we’re not sure there is a wrong way to eat any cookie, we’ve come up with a few ideas on making our cookies even better.
- Add some Cinotti’s homemade buttercream and create a chocolate chip cookie sandwich
- Fold the baked cookies into your favorite ice cream
- Store them in the freezer and eat them cold
- Share with a friend
- Hide in your closet so your kids can’t hear you chewing
How Will You Celebrate National Chocolate Chip Cookie Day?
National Chocolate Chip Cookie Day is a great excuse to enjoy America’s favorite cookie. And, since we’re handing them out free on August 4, why not spend the day with us?
Get your free cookie and pick up another dozen or so to share with others.
Take a couple dozen to keep in your cookie jar. Or, pick up a couple tubs of frozen dough to bake at your leisure.
Share the joy of baking with your children. Bake a few batches of cookies at home and share with neighbors. Or, invite friends over to show off your magical baking powers.
Any way you choose to celebrate, we hope you enjoy the sweet day with those around you.
Be happy on National Chocolate Chip Cookie Day.
Have a laugh.
Spread the joy.
Eat a cookie.
Will you be here to celebrate with us?
Come in for your FREE chocolate chip cookie
Get yours before we sell out!
Tuesday – Friday:
6:00am – 5:00pm
6:00am – 3:00pm
Sunday & Monday: